"The universe supports truth; everything else eventually falls by the wayside."
Nobody has the answers to this anomaly. I invite Proponents, detractors and scientists, with curiosity, integrity, and authenticity to come together and rebirth this misunderstood, poorly studied dying movement. We need more collaboration! I hope people of both sides of the issue broaden their perspective and partake in-depth exploration of this futuristic form of communication.
Many proponents of FC and RPM suggest the information received is ego independent words of the typer. They think the autistic person has a typical perceptual reality and way of learning but trapped in a disobliging body.
Opponents believe all communication is coming from the facilitator/communication partner. They believe proponents are delusional since the nonverbal typists cannot pass message passing tests.
Both sides ignore the symbiotic energetic relationship between partners and its implications in defining and implementing this evolving new technology of communication. Historically, using partnered communication, as currently defined by proponents without warnings of energetic influence resulted in injury to autistic people, their families, friends, and caregivers.
I choose to refer to those who use the process as Qautists since there appears to be a extra-senspry quantum component to the process. Many but not all Qautists have a diagnosis of severe autism. However, many autistic people, who display less significant language impairments do not share the Qautists' abilities.
Since I define the role of a facilitator or communication partner drastically differently, I will refer to those people who assist the Qautist with communication as Catalysts. The purpose and responsibility of the Catalyst needs study.
Below is a list of some suppositions and questions. I want to see explored. I invite other curious Catalysts to add their concerns and speculations.
1. Qautists can teach us more than we could ever teach them. Why not open your heart and listen?
2. Qautists do not need to look at the keyboard, but Catalysts do. Is it possible the Qautists adhere to the Catalyst's sensory system-see-through their eyes, hear through their ears?
3. Qautists cannot pass message passing tests unless they demonstrate competence with an independent communication system. Why do Catalysts need to know the questions asked? Might destructive interference occur if the Catalyst has no idea where the communication is going?
4. Qautists, no matter how seemingly disorganized, can pick up subtle physical cues. The Ideomotor effect is a fascinating reality. How do they do it? What does this tell us about the Qautists' unique sensibilities?
5. Qautists also pick up feelings, attitudes, biases, and thought energetic cues from Catalysts. How does this work? Are the Catalyst and Qautist entangled as one emergent field of awareness?
6. Qautists demonstrate an expanded awareness. They seem to remember and be in touch with what we have forgotten. What does this tell us about the nature of consciousness?
7. Qautists' non partnered independent communications are often not in line with catalyzed messages. Perhaps the conscious and subconscious mind are not integrated? What strategies might be developed to lessen the disconnect?
8. Qautists communicate with different styles and content depending on whom catalyzes them. Why and how do Qautists often mirror the interests and biases of their Catalysts? How might this relate to the observer effect?
9. Qautists are not independent communicators just because they strike the keys on their own. They are only independent if the Catalyst is in another room or otherwise engaged. Why are intense joint attention and active listening needed even without physical touch?
10. Qautists do not learn everything from their environment or through direct instruction. They come in with a vast array of knowledge or at least access to it. How do they receive information from the Catalysts' knowledge base, spirits, and the akashic records or universal field of thought?
I suggest, scientists test to see if the brainwaves of the Qautist and Catalyst are synchronized while sharing " joint attention." Examine how "joint attention" improves, balance, and behavior of the Qautist, and helps them form deep relationships with their Catalysts. I suggest "joint attention" is useful in teaching a variety of skills, and perhaps improves receptive language.
"Your eyes, your ears, your touch all bring me down from my dream state into your limited way of interpreting a gestalt existence that is not word dependent. It is a feeling state filled with nuances language can't capture." (Qautist and Catalyst)
If you have any questions, please put them in the comment box and I would be happy to answer.
Submit Your Own Article